Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back to the NW

The job only lasted 12 days for me so somewhat of a disappointment dollars wise but I did update my security clearance so that was a good move. I am good for another year! I drove the 2400 miles in 3 days and was my sciatica acting up!

The desert is interesting especially in Arizona. Driving along and flat as , then all of a sudden these huge mounds of boulders plopped in the middle of nowhere. Drive another mile or two then flat again.


The desert was still in bloom and snow line reduced so I chose to go to Las Vegas and stay with friends there then north to Reno then Susanville, CA. From Susanville follow highway 36 to 44 then to 89 which goes all the way to Mt Shasta. The trip on 89 over the Sierras is not to be missed.

Just before arriving at Las Vegas is Hoover Dam. A wonder. They are building a new bridge there and very close to putting in the tie in girder.

No comments: