Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tis the Season

I have added a new link to the blog. It is a website from a retired US Coast Guard Chief who is a weather forecaster in South Florida. I find his opinion of the movement of storms and hurricane development very enlightening. Granted, my boat is hopefully safe in Trinidad but, I still am checking storm development in the Atlantic 2-3 times a day. It appears the next week will be very active in the Carribean and the next wave coming off Africa will have the right conditions to become a major cane and very likely hit the CONUS(continental US).
So if you have an interest in storm development StormW's blog has compiled pertinent NOAA charts and graphs.In addition the tropival weather discussion on Crown Weather is excellent as well. I have found Crown Weather to be quite accurate this year as well as last year.

No comments: