Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Withlacoochee Preserve

Just a couple weeks until I cast off for the next adventure in the Western Caribbean and beyond. Boat chores are almost complete so taking time to visit the area. I moved back on Le Chat Beaute November 1, 2011 and have installed new refrigeration and led lighting mast top as well as throughout the cabins. Varnish brush has been busy as well. Honestly feel boat looks better than when I bought it 4 years ago.

 View from one of the trails that circle the preserve. Although I was unable to get any pictures of birds there were plenty of egrets , ducks and comorants out on this day.
 One of the trails is on a boardwalk and takes a 1/2 mile loop through the saw grass. Lots of scat on the board walk

 I am staying in Riverside Marina and only a half a block from the entrance is the Withlacoochee Preserve.Truly a beautiful protected wetlands. The ;pictures do not adequately depict the beauty of this ecosystem.

No comments: